Vault of 2D & 3D Game Engines
Cross Platform Engines
Unity3D – Unity’s aim is to democratise game development to everyone. With a free as well as paid Pro installmenst, deployment to pretty much all platforms, and an asset store packed with useful tools, models and extensions, it is no wonder this engine continues to go from strength to strength.
- Price: Standard version – Free. Pro Version – $1,500 or $75/month.
- Mobile – iOS, Android, Windows Phone 8, Blackbery 10.
- Desktop - Mac, Windows, Windows Store Apps, Linux.
- Web – all major browsers.
- Consoles – PS Vita, PS3, PS4, PSM (Play Station Mobile) Xbox 360, Wii U.
- Platforms: Win, Mac .
Unreal Engine 4 – UE4 is a professional suite of tools and technologies used for building high-quality games across a range of platforms. Unreal Engine 4’s completely re-written rendering architecture enables developers to achieve stunning visuals and also scale elegantly to lower-end systems.
Revolutionary new workflow features and a deep toolset empower developers to quickly iterate on ideas and see immediate results, while complete C++ source code access brings the experience to a whole new level.
- Price: $19 / month (+ 5% of gross product revenue.)
- Desktop: Windows PC, Mac, Linux.
- Mobile: iOS, Android.
- Console: PlayStation 4, Xbox One, SteamOS.
- Platforms: desktop PC or Mac with a fast NVIDIA or AMD GPU;
- Windows 7 64-bit or Mac OS X 10.9.2 or later
- Quad-core Intel or AMD processor, 2.5 GHz or faster
- NVIDIA GeForce 470 GTX or AMD Radeon 6870 HD series card or higher
- 8 GB RAM
CRYENGINE – Powerful, cross platform engine now available for a monthly subscription. (Also available free for none profit purposes.) Features include: Natural Lighting & Dynamic Soft Shadows, Real time dynamic global illumination, DX11 hardware accelerated tessellation, Deferred lighting. High Performance Physics Engine with support for deformation and destruction. Powerful character animation system to deliver astonishingly real characters. Sandbox system allows real time view of deployment across multiple platforms.
- None commercial use: Free.
- Developer license: 9.90 USD/EUR per user – royalty free.
- Xbox One, PlayStation®4, Wii UTM, Xbox 360, PlayStation®3,
- iOS and Android
- Platforms: Windows PC.
- Windows Vista (SP1), Windows 7
- Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, AMD Athlon 64 X2 2GHz or better (multi-core processor is strongly recommended)
- 2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
- NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB RAM, ATI 3850HD 512MB RAM or better (DX10/SM 3.0 minimum)